‘I have come that you may have life, and have it abundantly,’ Jesus says to us in the words chosen for our Stewardship Renewal theme this year. (John 10:10). I wonder whether you have been moved, as I have, by our Stewardship Addresses, in church, online, and in the bulletin: our contributors have described beautifully different ways in which they find life abundant in our community life here at St. James’. There is much for which to celebrate and give thanks!
I now invite us all to reflect on this theme of abundant life together: over lunch Sunday, online after Liturgy at Home, or in a time of quiet on your own. Here are some questions to consider:
- What three things excite you most about life at St. James’?
- As we continue to move out of the COVID restrictions, what would you like to see happening at St. James’, in church and online?
- How can we reach out to neighbours, and to communities across the parish?
- How can we – how can you – share this good news of abundant life more widely?
- What one thing can you yourself offer to St. James’?
We shall keep a note of the conversations at the lunch; those on Zoom and at home are invited to complete the form online here. This will help the Stewardship Committee and Trustees as we plan together for the future.
With thanks and every blessing,