St James’ Church seeks a part time Building Maintenance Assistant to work two 4-hour shifts a week. Deadline to apply is May 22, 2023.
Among other responsibilities, the Building Maintenance Assistant:
• Ensures the grounds and insides of the Church, Crypt, Parish Hall, and Parish Centre are kept clean and in good working order.
• Ensures that high traffic areas are clean and useable.
• Regularly examines doors, locks, and windows to ensure buildings are secure.
• Ensures that the sanctuary lamps at the Altars are kept always
Qualifications and requirements for the position include:
• Knowledge of operation and maintenance of relevant power tools and equipment.
• The ability to provide a current Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check when asked, and every following five years thereafter.
• A security certificate, Basic Security Training, levels 1 and 2 is an asset.
• Building Service Worker (BSW) certificate is an asset.
• Familiarity with church buildings/customs would be an asset.
• There is extensive bending, lifting and heavy manual work.
Details of the job can be found in the attached PDF. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Cover letter may be addressed To the Rector and Wardens. Only those selected to proceed in the hiring process will be contacted. Please do not make inquiries by phone. The deadline for applications is May 22, 2023.